Thursday, June 23, 2016

MIGHT NOT BE QUILTING BUT I AM GETTING THINGS DONE

I'm still not quilting yet this summer but have accomplished quite a bit since school let out.  I know I've put quilting first on the list but somehow I knew that it would come a bit later.  I am a list maker and have that need to cross things off as I go along.  Anyways, I am looking forward to a large yard sale later in July or August with piles of things I have gone through.  Most of the time it takes me longer to get through an area than I had planned.  I jotted down that the kitchen would only take me 2 days - ha! - about a week later I have cleaned out all the cupboards, china closet, tops of cupboards, etc.  I think there about 4 large boxes of stuff to sell.  The bedroom boxes take up another 4 or so boxes that has books, clothing, and this or that sitting around and that's just my stuff!  Hubby is going through his stuff before that yard sale happens.  Trash bags were also filled and put out.  Today I am finishing up going through the linen closet - pillowcases, sheets, blankets, shower curtains, beach towels - over the years they accumulate like little bunnies.   My daughter and I are also going through her accumulated things in the basement.  There will be enough to go through when I am gone that I don't need to add all this other stuff to their time of sorting and deciding what to do with it all. 
Oh dear - sounds like every closet is crammed and every room is full which is not the case.  When I add that I clean as I go - shampooing carpets, washing the windows, sewing new curtains - that all adds to the time I spend spiffing up the house. 

I have even added an extra day or two during the week that I go visit my Dad and help him with things, spent time outdoors helping hubby with the flower beds, sawing up an old boat, helping him build 2 new sets of steps to his large new strawberry planting area which has about 5 sections to it, and cleaned up a rather large area consisting of scrap metal and other junk he has removed from others properties.  He's not a junk man - but does help others when they ask him and seems to come home with a truck full when he says - oh, I can get rid of that for you.  So, you see, I do not have entire days where I can just get finished what I plan on finishing any day during the week.

Quilt Dreaming?  Yes, tomorrow I will quilt.  I need some time in my sanity room. 

TaDa,  Trish  

No comments:

Post a Comment