Not sure what to call the new Star Quilt. I started with 35 blocks. I ended up with 27 that I could get to 8 1/2" give or take an eighth of an inch or so. The rest are either way too small or don't even come close to resembling a star shape.
Now, to lay them out. Probably the best shape will be 5 blocks x 5 blocks or 40" x 40" - which will be a small lap quilt. I might try to incorporate the left over blocks onto the back of the quilt. I'd hate to not use them, but then again - they are not even a star shape. Sometimes I suppose one just has to let a few blocks go and just never use. Or perhaps they can be put into my 'strange pile' which has wayward blocks from other projects that didn't make the cut on previous quilts.
Tomorrow is to cut the sashing.
TaDa, Trish
No comments:
Post a Comment