I am going to work on the list of projects that I've started but not finished. I have a 'star challenge' due the weekend of September - oh dear, I thought it was the 17th but as I check the calendar, the 17th is on a Tuesday. So, it's either the weekend of the 14th or the 21st. I hope it's the latter. I have 35 star blocks already made from a swap from year 2002, so all the stars are different. Some don't even look like a star but if I can remember back that far I believe I asked for a star block that was 10". Everyone in the swap got the same piece of fabric from me so there is a common material in each block. The center star fabric in the photo below is the fabric I chose. It's a really pretty blue with small flowers. I think most of the blocks I received back are about 8 1/2" but a few are smaller and a few are larger so I will have to try to get them all the same size. I will probably end up cutting off some points here and there, but unless you lay it all out and scrutinize it, it's not usually noticeable. If it is, then people are too picky. I say - get it done and enjoy it. Ten years ago? Yup! So, I will put them together and I am excited now since I found the perfect sashing material in my stash! It's a light gold/cream with tiny stars all over it. My goal is to get it completely quilted and bound for the challenge date. I don't think that will be a problem and I can finally cross that one off my list.
Here is a preview on one of the blocks.
Stay tuned.
TaDa, Trish

No comments:
Post a Comment