26 days will go very fast. It will be gone in the blink of an eye and so will Katie. She is looking forward to leaving for the Marines and we all hope it takes her on a life's journey for the better. If I didn't have my mom concerns, I wouldn't be a very good mom. I know it will be good for her to get away from here - friends that she seems to find that turn out to not be good friends, a job she can't just simply walk away from, a future that will hopefully hold dreams come true. I will be scared and yet happy for her. I've had my ups and downs in my Army career but do believe it was good for me.
She has to get through 13 weeks of training to be a Marine, then does another month for basic training, then goes to school for whatever job she chooses. She is talking intelligence and already passed the test for that, now we just have to wait and see what the openings are when she is done with the month of basic training to submit her 3 choices. We really have no idea of what she will go with.
I was hoping to quilt some on that baby quilt tonight, but forgot how much gets taken out of me when I work until 6 at night. After dinner preparation, clean-up, and washing/hanging out 2 loads of clothes for God to dry tomorrow, I am whooped. Tomorrow is another long day until 6 and Friday I am off to attend my sisters retirement party. Whoot! Whoot! It looks like I will be sewing on Saturday. I did lay out the rest of the blocks for sewing together the 10 minute blocks using the True Blue line from Eleanor Burns so once I watch the U-Tube video on how to do that block, I'll get to putting them together. I don't remember buying them, but I have 7 charm packs of that line and it looks like I will get about 60 blocks from it. I haven't figured out how large the quilt will be but should be a good size at 9 1/2" blocks. Hope I can get 63 blocks then I could make it 7 x 9 blocks - don't think 6 x 10 would look too right - or I suppose I could use 56 blocks and end up with 7 x 8 blocks. That size seems to be about the largest I can work with on the regular home sewing machine without the shoulders hurting for the next few days.
No scrumptious photos for you to enjoy tonight. I should take some of the huge pumpkins Michael grew this year in the garden. Ooooh! They will be coming soon.
Tada, Trish
No comments:
Post a Comment