Sunday, November 15, 2015

PROJECTS GETTING COMPLETED

Autumn in full swing and soon Christmas will be here along with the winter snows.  Certainly, there are many places enjoying the warm days before we know what's coming eventually.

I am not making quilty gifts for Christmas this year which cuts down on 'what to make and for whom and what color, will they like it?'  I already have my work gifts bought, wrapped, and sitting under my desk so there is no chance of me having to carry them in if we get lots of snow in December.  I like to be prepared.  

I am almost finished with a baby quilt for a new little girl in the family.  I was happy when I got 4 small quilt tops made from 2 jelly rolls using the jelly roll race pattern where you just sew the strips together.  The first baby quilt I made, I just left the strips sewn side by side.  The other 3 tops sit there looking at me telling me to do something different with them.  The 2nd quilt top, I took my square ruler and cut 9 1/2" blocks out with the stripes at a diagonal.  Sewed all the blocks together with no sashing, put a pretty purple border on it and it's ready to quilt.  

I also am working on a Christmas quilt for a BFF.  Not a clue what to get her for her birthday and I have a wonderful snowman panel all ready just waiting for me to layer and quilt it.  I think I can have it finished within the next 2 weeks.

I got the 15 Autumn themed placemats finished for the local nursing home and I hope they enjoy them as much as I did while making them.  

I'll have photos next time I post here.  With a few days off at Thanksgiving, it gives me more time to play with that.  

Today I am off to clean up more leaves from my Dad's and I hope it's the last time I have to get the leaf sucker-upper out of the shed until next year. I know it's good exercise and good to get fresh air but I do enjoy some Sundays where I don't have to get all that good stuff going on for me.  

Off for the day.  
TaDa,     Trish  

No comments:

Post a Comment