Sunday, January 26, 2014

HERE SHE IS!

Finally - after 3 months, she is our newest Marine.  Home for about a week before she heads on out to Camp Geiger, N. Carolina for infantry training.  For those that know the Marines and their trainings, you will think - no, Camp Geiger for infantry training is for males only.  They have opened it up to females and she has volunteered to go there.  They say that it is basically the same thing they would get at Camp Legune (sp?) only at Camp Geiger is longer. 
She got promoted to PFC the last week of training because she had the highest average score in all the testings they went through.  Such as rifle, PT, knowledge, etc., etc.

 
 
 
 
 As for quilting, not much has been done.  I did work with some of the fabric from the 10 minute blocks, but with the week long trip to S. Carolina last week - I've had to put things up for now.  Dear husband is still plugging away creating my room.  The ceiling tiles are up, a new outside light is hung, the wall boards are getting prepped for painting, and we are still waiting on the electrician.  He was asked in December to come and if he doesn't show by February sometime, I am afraid we might find someone else.  Hubby moved things around and is excited to get it finished for me.  I am excited to go through bins and boxes, drawers and cubbies to arrange things and see what I have been forgetting I have.  He even made a larger shelf under the window for the cats.  Uh. no.  The door will be shut to keep them out.  I can never leave anything sitting out in case they get sick on top of something.  They have the rest of the house, they don't need my room too. 

Life is good.  Now, if I can just find that bag I put Katie's Christmas gift in - it will be even better! 

Tada!    
   Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment