Now, I totally 'get' that lots of people love snow. Simply put - I DON'T! It's pretty, but in someone else's backyard. I suppose I could move down south but I know that won't ever happen. So, I put up with the weather from November through March. That's only 5 months and usually it's only for 3 months because most of the time we can dodge the snowy weather in November and March. But, really? Snow on my birthday? The one day I take off for me? The one day I like to head to Lancaster with my BFF and stroll up and down the fabric aisles? I know, I know. They are only calling for a dusting in the morning but when you don't drive in it AT ALL and it will take you an hour and a half to get to Lancaster, well, I am not a happy camper. We'll see what the day brings tomorrow, it might not be a total wash-out after all. I will see the glass as half-full tonight and hope that it's all just a mistake on the meteorologists part. The worst case scenario - I stay home and sew all day!!
Today is Training Day 6 for Katie and she was working with the pugil sticks today. Bet she had fun whacking someone else today! She sends home letters that are funny to us. 15-20 second showers and her bunk mates are smelly? Haha! I bet she is smelly too and just doesn't know it! Almost at the end of another long day for her. Every night at 8:00 I say good-night to her in my heart.
My quilt frame is downstairs finally and I can't wait until I can get it set up. Dear husband told me that he is almost ready to put up 2 walls for me and once they go in, I can move a few things around and get started on setting up the sewing room. It's a good thing I get a long Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday - lots of time to work on that little job.
I did work on a baby quilt on Saturday and just have the binding to finish. I also got 10 sets of material cut out for 10 snap bags. I'm getting paid to make 9 of them - score!
Gotta scoot!
TaDa, Trish
No comments:
Post a Comment