Saturday, May 2, 2015

NOT SURE IF ANYONE IS READING THIS

except me so I think I am going to add when I start and finish my 'home' projects to keep myself accountable (to myself!  haha!.)  I do think I have the settings right for people to read this stuff, I'm not sure.  I have gone over and over it and don't know what to change if it isn't right so it is what it is I suppose.  Or maybe I just don't post enough or my blog isn't colorful enough for people to check in. Oh well, I try.  

I started the dreaded paper project today.  I cleaned out 2 filing cabinets and threw a lot of old stuff away while sorting through folder upon folder.  I have a separate plastic bin for each of the kids which now needs sorted and set up into files for them.  My work folder has been sorted through and threw a lot of that stuff out too.   I also have all the Army paperwork stuff from hubbys and my service years to go through and try to make some sense of it all.  I don't have an 'office' area and really no place to put that type of area - hmmm, maybe I can use one of my kids old bedrooms which is in the basement, but it's a separate room and I would be able to keep file cabinets in there.  Ooooh!  That would get a 4 drawer cabinet and 3 other smaller cabinets out of the 'common area' of the basement.

As much as I would love to finish the paper project before I start another project, I am going to spend 2 evenings this coming week and do the kitchen cupboards.  Clutter on the countertops is driving me nuts and that has to be done before our family picnic at the end of May anyways, so I may as well hop to it.  Where DOES all that stuff come from that seems to creep into the kitchen anyways?

The next week will be my bedroom closet.  There are clothes in there that need to be purged.  That should only take me one evening to finish.  It will be nice to cross it off the list.  Plus, I need to dig out my shorts and tank tops for the season.

The basement clutter will wait until my summer vacation.  I wanted that done before the picnic but really - who is going to see that anyways?  

I LOVE plans, don't you?  I am not really the type to fly by the seat of my pants.  I find if I'm not organized, I fret about it.  So, here's to no more fretting!

Also, if I work really hard the month of May in the evenings on this stuff, I will have more time to quilt once school lets out.  There are lots of projects planned in that department too - just look 'over there' on my sidebar.

Tada for now,
      Trish

2 comments:

  1. Someone is reading this . . . keep up the fun. I've also been playing on your Pinterest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a comment!! Thanks Sandy!

    ReplyDelete