Just trying to rearrange some things and as I go, I am finding things to throw out, give away, or sweep up. Can't do it all in one day anymore, so - slow and steady will get it done. Some of it - just don't know what to do with it. I suppose I need an area labeled just that and look at it again next year.
No sewing today. I did get a wall hanging layered and started quilting it earlier in the week and the thread just didn't want to cooperate on the back. I seem to think the odd looking birds and applique designs are fun to do and this one is a huge yellow bird and a smaller red bird. Thought I'd quilt it up and hang it for inspiration. I'll work on it tomorrow and try to post it later this week. Even though I have ideas already for what I'll call 'patterned projects', I think I want to start doing some free design applique. The kind you make up as you go. I hope I have the creativity to think up some designs. Sometimes I wonder because there seems to be a connectivity problem with what I SEE I want to create and then have it actually come out that way. It's kind of like my singing. I THINK I can sing good but when it comes out - well, let's just say you should be glad you can't actually hear me. HaHa! That doesn't stop me when I'm alone or in the car. I just sing away.
51 days until Katie leaves. I wish she kept her job until just a week or two before she goes but she didn't so it is what it is. I was just thinking that I wish I had that luxury of deciding to not to want to work and not worry about where my money will come from. In fact I am just the opposite. I am looking at another 7 years working at the school and am thinking if I can get 2 of our largest bills paid down in the next 5 years, I would like to retire in 5 years. That's my money goal.
Another day over. It was hot and muggy but it was still a great day that the good Lord has given me.
TaDa, Trish
No comments:
Post a Comment